Massage is a natural way of helping your health improve as well as your mood and relaxation. The common benefits we associate massage with are anxiety, stress, soft tissue pain and mobility. But actually, there are a lot more benefits to massage you may not be aware of such as helping people with…
Digestive disorders. For example, with constipation or IBS circular hand movements with light pressure around the stomach can stimulate the digestive system and increases the blood flow and circulation, this can then improve digestion and prevents constipation.
Fibromyalgia. According to the NHS website, Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. It can be accompanied with extreme fatigue, IBS and muscle stiffness. Because of these symptoms massage can benefit sufferers of Fibromyalgia in several ways. For example the relaxation will improve the quality of sleep and regularity, improved muscle tonicity, improved mental clarity, Headache relief and diminishing the effects of any anxiety or depression.
Headaches. The massage can help relieve muscle tension which can get tight and then trigger headache pain and migraines. The overall relaxation will help you destress which can help any eye strain leading to headaches and help maintain emotional balance.
Insomnia related to stress. The decrease in stress when having a massage regulates your hormones and therefore regulates your sleep pattern.
Sports injuries. When a more complex injury occurs, a well-trained and qualified massage therapist can help relieve pain naturally and with mobility. A good therapist will advise some exercises, that might help in between massages.
The Types of Massage
- Indian head- A massage focusing on the pressure point on your head.
- Swedish- A relaxing massage that can relieve knots in your back, neck and shoulders.
- Aromatherapy- A massage using the scents of different oils to bring wellness to your mind as well as your body.
- Deep tissue- A more in-depth massage focussing on the underlying muscle and relieving tension.
- Sports injury- A helping hand to recovery after an injury as occurred.
- Hot stone- A massage using hot stones to relieve pain with heat also very beneficial for relaxation.
Our massage therapist is a member of the Holistic Therapy Federation and is qualified to provide all these treatments to the highest level.